Monday, March 18, 2013

Let'em Eat Cake....Fish Cakes

Tilapia is one of my favorite fish, it's versatile, it takes on great flavor and is relatively inexpensive.  I have a couple recipes that use this fish but one of my favorites are fish cakes.  

However, this time I wanted to try something a little different.  I'm trying to follow some of the Paelo diet rules so wanted to attempt to make these cakes without panko bread crumbs and making my own aioli instead of using pre-made mayonnaise.

Overall, I think it turned out good, however I did miss the crunch from the panko and the almond meal made the cakes a little darker than normal.  The aioli came out really good but was EXTREMELY labor intensive so next time I will definitely be using my stand mixer. 

So if you try this recipe, and have no dietary restrictions I would recommend using the panko bread crumbs however the almond meal works well also.  Here's a picture of how it turned it out.  I served it with saute spinach and rice (for Quinn).


No comments:

Post a Comment